Curious about becoming a property appraiser in Florida? Read on to discover the steps, requirements, and opportunities in this exciting field.
Are you interested in a fulfilling career that combines your love for real estate and analytical skills? Becoming a property appraiser in Florida might just be the perfect fit for you. In this article, we will explore the necessary steps, requirements, and opportunities available for aspiring property appraisers in the Sunshine State.
Understanding the Role of a Property Appraiser:
Before diving into the process of becoming a property appraiser in Florida, let's first understand the role and importance of this profession. Property appraisers play a critical role in determining the value of real estate properties for various purposes, such as purchase, sale, taxation, and insurance. Their expertise ensures fairness and accuracy in property transactions and assessments.
Step 1: Meet the Basic Requirements:
To embark on the journey of becoming a property appraiser in Florida, you must meet the following basic requirements:
- Age: You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Education: Possess a high school diploma or its equivalent.
How long does it take to become a property appraiser in Florida?
How much do house appraisers make in Florida?
How do I become a certified appraiser in FL?
- > Successfully complete 200 classroom hours of board-approved courses covering the topics required.
- > Pass the Residential National Exam and Florida Supplemental Exam.
- Conduct appraisal services.
Do you need a bachelor's degree to be a property appraiser in Florida?
Is there a shortage of real estate appraisers in Florida?
🚨REAL ESTATE— South Florida Real Estate (@LuxurySkyCondos) January 27, 2023
🛑DEED FRAUD IS REAL‼️
❤️SALUTE TO OUR BROWARD COUNTY PROPERTY APPRAISER @martykiarbcpa for leading way forward #BrowardCounty #RealEstate #propertytax
Grateful @HaroldFPryor @bsosherifftony @browardsheriff for protecting our communities… pic.twitter.com/X06zYDvzVj
How much do Florida property appraisers make?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a realtor also be an appraiser in Florida?
How long does it take to become a real estate appraiser in Florida?
- How much do residential appraisers make in Florida?
- $68,109 a year As of Oct 25, 2023, the average annual pay for a Residential Real Estate Appraiser in Florida is $68,109 a year. Just in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately $32.75 an hour. This is the equivalent of $1,309/week or $5,675/month.
- How do I become a certified property appraiser in Florida?
- Applicants must be Trainee Appraisers that have completed at least 2500 hours of experience over not less than 24 calendar months. 200 hours of prescribed pre-certification appraisal education is required. Submit a completed application, form RE -2060, electronic fingerprints and appropriate fee (see c. above).