This article aims to provide a step-by-step guide on how to become a real estate appraiser. Whether you're interested in pursuing a new career or expanding your horizons in the real estate industry, this guide will outline the necessary requirements, benefits, and conditions for aspiring appraisers in the US.
Benefits of Becoming a Real Estate Appraiser:
Lucrative Career Opportunities:
- Real estate appraisers enjoy a stable income and have the potential to earn a substantial salary.
- The demand for qualified appraisers is consistently high, ensuring a steady flow of job opportunities.
Flexibility and Independence:
- As a real estate appraiser, you can choose to work as an independent contractor or be employed by government agencies, banks, or private firms.
- Enjoy the freedom to set your own schedule, allowing for a better work-life balance.
Diverse Work Environment:
- Appraisers have the opportunity to visit different properties, ranging from residential homes to commercial buildings.
- Engage with diverse clients and professionals in the real estate industry, expanding your network and knowledge.
Steps to Becoming a Real Estate App
What type of appraiser makes the most money?
What is required to be a home appraiser in Washington state?
Experience: 3,000 hours of acceptable appraisal experience in no less than 30 months. A minimum of 1,500 hours of the required experience must be in non-residential appraisal work. College Education: Must have a Bachelor's degree or higher.
Do you have to be good at math to be a real estate appraiser?
How long does it take to become an appraiser in Texas?
What are the cons of being a real estate appraiser?
At times, working as an appraiser can be demanding, as so many things hinge on the results of your appraisal report. Both banks and borrowers want to avoid appraisal gaps (differences between the fair market value of a home and the approved amount of the loan).
I love Bigger Pockets. What I'm thinking is more like re-imagining accreditations within real estate. If someone wants to become a title agent, appraiser, broker, surveyor, etc today, the options are rather antiquated.
— Zachary Aarons (@ZacharyAarons) January 13, 2021
How do I get an appraisal license in WA?
- Obtain Your Washington State Registered Real Estate Appraiser Trainee License.
- Complete Your Washington State Licensed Real Estate Appraiser Education.
- Conduct Your Appraisal Work Experience.
- Submit Your Application.
- Pass the National Uniform Licensing & Certification Examination.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to become a real estate appraiser in NY?
2,000 hours of experience over a period of not less than 24 months is required, 75% (1,500 hours) of which must be from appraisals of residential properties listed on the Appraisal Experience Report (Attachment C).